Safety Screens FAQ's
Health and Safety
Safety Screens is a caring employer that takes it’s responsibly for Health and Safety very seriously.
Under the 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act, Safety Screens provide and maintain plant systems of work that are practical, safe and without risk to health.
All employees are instructed that they have a duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety to themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their actions.
The full Company Policy Statement, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Safe Working Practice Guides are available on request.
Hygiene Regulations - The Food Safety (General Hygiene) Regulations 1995
Interpretation of Rules of Hygiene, General Requirements for Food Businesses.
'Food business' means any undertaking, carrying out any or all of the following operations, namely, Preparation, processing, manufacturing, packaging, storing, transportation, distribution, handling or offering for sale or supply of food.
Schedule 1, Chapter 2, Paragraph D, States that:
Windows and other openings which can be opened to the outside environment must where necessary be fitted with 'insect and fly proof screens’, which can be easily removed for cleaning. Where open windows would result in contamination of foodstuffs, windows must remain closed and fixed during production.
The upgraded bill has already had an effect on the larger businesses and companies; it would seem appropriate to make recommendations and provisions for the fitting of insect screens as soon as practicable, thus ensuring that your responsibilities under the act are fulfilled.
Safety Screens offer unique supply only and installation completion guarantees that place us ahead of our competitors.
If your work is not completed within our agreed time you will be entitled to a percentage discount of the work value.
Safety Screens guarantees to complete all Installation work within 21 full working days. *
Safety Screens guarantees to complete all supply only work within 7 full working days including delivery.*
When used under normal wear and tear conditions materials and workmanship are guaranteed for 12 months. (mesh is not guaranteed).
To enjoy Safety Screens 'worry free' installation service and guaranteed completion times, you must please sign the “21 working day guarantee”. *
*A copy the 21 working day form can be downloaded by right-clicking link on this and selecting 'save target as' or available by post on request.
* Not part of the guarantee.
Obtaining a Quote
We currently operate a computerised quoting system. Our system calculates the cost of each product by the millimetre.
Call 01260 295999 and ask for a quote.
- Tell us your name, the name of the company or business you represent and whether you require the 'supply only' or the "full installation" service.
- If you request 'supply only' tell us the type of screen required, please note, we cannot work out the size of your screen, we will accept your sizes only.
- If you request, 'full installation' it is easier for us to ask you the questions.
After you have your price you will be asked to note a unique five digit quotation number e.g.: 24365. All the information regarding your work will be recorded under this number.
Please remember, we rely on your interpretations and what you see to give you an accurate quotation.
Placing an Order
- We will receive your instructions by fax, e-mail or letter.
- We regret we cannot take or process orders over the telephone.
- We recommend that you call and check your order has arrived.
To speed the delivery process for 'supply only' we require:
- The full delivery address including postcode.
- The type of screen required.
- The quantity.
- The quotation number and the agreed price. When requesting the 'full installation' service we require:
- A contact name.
- The full delivery address including postcode.
- A delivery telephone number.
- A description of the types, quantities and location of screens.
- The quotation number and the agreed price.
Please include any other relevant information that you feel is important e.g.: parking restrictions, access only on certain days, etc.
Fax Number: +44 (0) 1260 295998
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: Unit 11 Greenfield Farm Trading Est, Greenfield Road, Congleton, Cheshire. CW12 4TR
Ways To Pay
(US Dollars / Euros / Sterling) can be made by:
- Cheque - made payable to 'Safety Screens Ltd'
- Telephone using a credit card - we accept Visa, Mastercard and Switch
- Bank Giro Transfer (BACS) - Please contact our office if you would like details about paying by BACS.
Company Registration - 02393882
Company VAT No. - 527.6331.45
All questions or queries regarding your account should be addressed to Nick Shatwell on + 44 (0) 1260 295999, or email email@example.com.
The Inland Revenue has issued Safety Screens with a CIS5 certificate. Businesses who possess this card, by concession, do not have to present themselves in person but must provide a certifying document.
A copy of this document is available on request.